Share

Leo Messi: "I wouldn't vote for myself in the Ballon d'Or"

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Taken Via: AS


"I don't compete against Cristiano, I only try and do the best as I can with Barça and with Argentina. This rivalry has been invented by the press, you are always comparing our statistics."

Leo Messi attended a public relations exercise for his own foundation on Thursday, and took questions from journalists at the end. He was asked about the Ballon d'Or; Cristiano Ronaldo; his relationship with David Villa; which team he thinks Pep Guardiola might join in the future and the prospect of breaking Gerd Müller's record for the most goals ever scored in a single year, which he is just six goals away from doing.

Ballon d'Or: "I've already voted and I've already revealed who I voted for: Xavi, Iniesta and Agüero. If I could vote for myself, I wouldn't. I'll be delighted if Xavi or Iniesta win it because I never would have won the European Golden Shoe without my team-mates."

His rivalry with Cristiano Ronaldo: "I don't compete against him, I only try and do the best as I can with Barça and with Argentina. This rivalry has been invented by the press, you are always comparing our statistics."

His new contract: "I know nothing about it, but I'm not worried about it, I know exactly what I want and I have no problem with my contract."

His relationship with Villa: "[Messi appeared aggravated when asked this question] I don't have to give explanations to that question."

On Guardiola's next club: "He'll do well wherever he goes, because he's the best coach in the world."

On the prospect of beating Gerd Muller's record: I never saw him play, but I've watched a lot of videos on him. He knew how to score goals and he found it very easy to play football."

On his character and what motivates him: "I'm just like this, I don't do anything special. I always like to win, I've always been like that since I was a child."

0 comments:

Post a Comment